Cozad wins wrestling dual 50-30
COZAD—Two Gothenburg wrestlers pinned their Cozad mat opponents in dual action on the road Jan. 15, not enough to outlast the Haymakers’ strength.
Cozad won the dual 50-30.
“We lost a couple of matches I really thought we could win,” said Gothenburg coach Tom Scott.
Senior Preston Franzen pinned Cozad’s Nathan Lemmer in 52 seconds at 160 pounds and junior Skyler Kottwitz pinned Saige Valenzuela in 1:22 at 170 pounds.
Scott said although he didn’t win, junior Tyson Miller may have had the highlight match of the night.
Cozad’s Alex Boryca is rated No. 1 in Class B at 195 pounds by the Nebraska Scholastic Wrestling Coaches Association.
“Tyson wrestled really well,” Scott said. “There are times when our kids are over-matched and Tyson didn’t back down at all. That’s what I want from all of the kids all of the time.”
Unopposed winners were Hayden Hubbard, 106; Tyler Alvarez, 113; and Dade Brock, 145.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State