Brady girls beat South Loup
It took the Brady girls until the last two minutes of the game to finally pull away from South Loup during the first round of the Maxwell Booster Tournament on Thursday.
Once they reached a double-digit lead, though, the Eagles never looked back, defeating the Bobcats 65-50 to advance to the tournament championship.
Brady had a slim 34-32 advantage at halftime as South Loup kept fighting off the Eagles’ full-court pressure.
Brady managed several transition buckets on forced turnovers with the press but when the Bobcats did get past the Eagles, their half-court game produced points.
At the end of the third period, Brady was up 49-40 and South Loup continued to battle but at the 2:20 mark, the Eagles were 57-50 and South Loup didn’t get on the board again.
Sophomore Josie Palmer was Brady’s leading scorer with 20 points while senior Brittney Christophersen added 12 points and Valerie Most had nine.
Brady improved to 6-1 on the season and advanced to play Stapleton-McPherson County in the tournament championship Friday night, after an early press time for The Times. Look for results in next week’s issue.
- GMH contracts signed for two new physicians
- Swedes second at SWC play invite
- Brady girls focused on one game at a time
- Shaw: Dracula best fits our one-act cast
- All jokes aside, Swede girls mean business
- Swede basketball will attack with speed
- Midlands gets bid for Hammond Bridge
- Rudolph to be honored for heading Cattlemen