Brady students medal at first speech invite of the season
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer placed first in serious prose during the opening speech meet of the season at Cozad on Saturday.
Ten other schools competed in the meet in both novice and varsity divisions with students from Arapahoe, Central City, Cozad, Eustis-Farham, Gothenburg, Grand Island, Grand Island Central Catholic, Lexington, North Platte, North Platte St. Pat’s and Sutherland.
In addition to her first in serious prose, Quadhamer also earned second place in poetry and was fourth in improvisational duet with Makenzie Nansel.
Donnie Trisdale and Mike Adams also competed in the improvisational duet, placing seventh out of 22 entries.
Lexi Franzen and Madison Elliott finished sixth in duet acting.
Other Brady students who competed were Brandon Montgomery and Dayne Porter.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president