Brady students medal at first speech invite of the season
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer placed first in serious prose during the opening speech meet of the season at Cozad on Saturday.
Ten other schools competed in the meet in both novice and varsity divisions with students from Arapahoe, Central City, Cozad, Eustis-Farham, Gothenburg, Grand Island, Grand Island Central Catholic, Lexington, North Platte, North Platte St. Pat’s and Sutherland.
In addition to her first in serious prose, Quadhamer also earned second place in poetry and was fourth in improvisational duet with Makenzie Nansel.
Donnie Trisdale and Mike Adams also competed in the improvisational duet, placing seventh out of 22 entries.
Lexi Franzen and Madison Elliott finished sixth in duet acting.
Other Brady students who competed were Brandon Montgomery and Dayne Porter.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30