Six Eagles earn SHC honors
Three chosen for all-conference first team.
Three Brady High School volleyball players have earned first-team recognition and three more received honorable mention from coaches in the Sandhills Conference.
Senior Megan Pfeifer, junior Jessica Schrad and sophomore Megan Polt were named to the SHC first team with 10 girls from the other conference schools.
Others to get first-team honors and their schools are Sitka Gardner of Arthur County; Jana Nollette of Cody-Kilgore; Megan Hoesing, Charlesee Wright and Tricia Young of Mullen; Mardee Sierks from Sandhills/Thedford; Taylor Frey, Julia Hauser, Shelby Klosen and libero Emily Donohoe from Stapleton/McPherson County.
Brady seniors Shaunna Scarrow and Danielle Gutherless and sophomore Courtney Widick received all-conference honorable mention.
The remaining players voted honorable mention are Kelli Bowlin, Jais Ford and Haley Gunnink of Cody-Kilgore; Courtney Clarke, Shantel Monahan, Sarah Ramsay and Casey Shaw of Hyannis; Lauren Crisp of Mullen; Michaela Miles from Sandhills/Thedford; and Ashley Bessmer of Stapleton/McPherson County.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.