A word or two for you
ROTARY GIFT: Dudley Elementary third graders examine the dictionaries they received Monday from the Gothenburg Rotary Club. This is the sixth year that Rotary has donated the dictionaries to all students in the third grade. The books include: a comprehensive dictionary, biographies of the U.S. presidents, the Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution, facts about the planets in the solar system, maps of the seven continents, information about the 50 states, weights and measures in addition to the longest word in the English language. That word, by the way, has 1,909 letters and is a term for an amino acid that has 267 amino acids. Rotarians handing out the books in Cindy Fickenscher’s class were Tim Greenlee and Joan Windrum. Students pictured include, l-r: Patrick Moore, Helene Keiser, Destiney Wilkerson, Crayton Ryker, Sean Graff and JJ Smith.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested