Learning about trees, care
Twelve people joined arborists from across the state on Oct. 3 during a public tour of the Ehmen Park arboretum.
Justin Evertson, who’s employed by the Nebraska Forest Service, said Ehmen is one of his favorite parks because of the diversity of trees.Evertson said three trees grow in the park that aren’t normally found in central Nebraska. They include the June snow dogwood, Cornelian cherry dogwood and Japanese emperor oak.
At least 20 species of trees in the park won’t be found anywhere else in Dawson County or this part of Nebraska, Evertson said.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price