No more burn permits
At least until snow flies
As a tinder-dry summer slips into a parched fall, local fire chief Mark Ballmer said the department is not issuing any burn permits in or outside city limits.
Last week, yet another area fire erupted near Paxton because of dry conditions.
“There were 15 departments there and we were on stand-by,” Ballmer said.
Most likely, no more burn permits will be issued until there’s snow cover, he said.
“And we feel it’s safe.”
- Born in a hollow
- GMH prepares for Wellness Fair next week
- Music students receive top ratings at district contest Friday
- Council says ‘no’ to rebuilt fence
- Science Olympians 10th at state
- Riley wins 3200 run in JV invite
- Swede girls are competitive at Bader Invitational
- Reserve girls sweep sprints and relays