SEWER WORK: Van Kirk Brothers Contracting, the company that replaced sewer along Avenue I last spring, returned to Gothenburg last week to extend and replace sewer on 11th Street between Avenues I and J to improve flow. Earlier, it was discovered that a home on the block was not tied into the line and that there were low spots that didn’t drain causing problems in services to homes. Federal stimulus funds will help pay for the $31,455 project.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.