Helping United Fund
BALDWIN PLEDGERS: Employees at Baldwin Filters pledged $7,449 to United Fund’s 2013 fund-raising campaign that kicks off in October. The organization helps support local and county agencies. The Baldwin drive was Aug. 9-16. Names of employees who pledged were placed in a weekly drawing and prizes were given. Pictured are employees who pledged and won prizes as well as Charity Dunphy, who represents Baldwin Filters on the United Fund board who coordinated the drive and United Fund board president Karla Blase. They are, l-r: First row—Blase and Dunphy; Second row—Quintin Jackson, Shelly Weaver, Erica Mares, Jose Matzar, Maria Sandoval, Nellie Furrow, Bonnie Houser, Joyce Karges; Third row—Sonja Kottwitz, Casey Gugelman, Liz Fischer, Mike Johnson, Ty Phillips, Nick Montoya and Jeff Larson. Not pictured: Mike Bappe, Susan Libich, Leah Peden and Stacey Stephen.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.