TeamMates seeks business mentors
Local group looking for 20 recruits
Gothenburg’s Chapter of TeamMates is issuing a friendly challenge to the businesses of Gothenburg by kicking off the third annual Business Challenge to sign up 20 new TeamMates mentors.
Nebraska Football Coach Bo Pelini and football coaches from Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas State have also issued a friendly competition to see which state can recruit the most new mentors. In Nebraska, the goal is 1,600 new mentors for TeamMates.
To join the local challenge:
Businesses must allow its employees an hour a week to mentor a student at the school.
Any new mentor application that is received between now and Nov. 30 will count toward the score of a business.
A percentage based on the total number of employees will determine the winner.
Applications can be picked up and dropped off at the Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce or TeamMates office at the high school. Applications can also be found by visiting www.teammates.org.
A traveling TeamMates trophy is up for grabs locally. Display it for all to see that your business supports Gothenburg youth, said local TeamMates coordinator Lindsey Tederman. Steve and Joan Windrum were the 2011-2012 winners by both becoming mentors.
The winners of the Coaches Challenge and Business Challenge will be announced the week of Dec. 7.
Tederman is also available to give a presentation about TeamMates to businesses.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates