Tumbles, Trophies and more at Dawson County Fair:
Slippery swine timeNew to the Dawson County Fair this year was pig wrestling, an event which attracted many onlookers last Thursday night to an outdoor arena at the Lexington fairgrounds.
A porker was released and teams had two minutes to catch the pig and put it in a barrel in the ring full of mud, water and baby oil. Some teams dressed up and had names like the Dukes of Dawson (pictured). They are front (clockwise) l-r: Heath Keiser, Kole Berke of Cozad, Patrick Peterson and Evan Peterson. A monetary award was given to the top three teams.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics