Hild wins apple pie contest
Each of the six pies entered into the first Brady Days apple pie baking contest was notably different.
From the dutch apple presented by sisters Harley and Preslee Bartels to the traditional pies baked by seasoned cooks, they all offered something a little different.
The panel of four judges—George Finnell, Maurine Callahan, Tommy Palmer and Keith White—considered presentation, crust, texture, flavor and overall taste for each of the unmarked pies before they declared pie No. 4 the winner.
Kathy Hild is no newcomer to the baking scene. She was the school cook in Brady for many years.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins