Hild wins apple pie contest
Each of the six pies entered into the first Brady Days apple pie baking contest was notably different.
From the dutch apple presented by sisters Harley and Preslee Bartels to the traditional pies baked by seasoned cooks, they all offered something a little different.
The panel of four judges—George Finnell, Maurine Callahan, Tommy Palmer and Keith White—considered presentation, crust, texture, flavor and overall taste for each of the unmarked pies before they declared pie No. 4 the winner.
Kathy Hild is no newcomer to the baking scene. She was the school cook in Brady for many years.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet