Hild wins apple pie contest
Each of the six pies entered into the first Brady Days apple pie baking contest was notably different.
From the dutch apple presented by sisters Harley and Preslee Bartels to the traditional pies baked by seasoned cooks, they all offered something a little different.
The panel of four judges—George Finnell, Maurine Callahan, Tommy Palmer and Keith White—considered presentation, crust, texture, flavor and overall taste for each of the unmarked pies before they declared pie No. 4 the winner.
Kathy Hild is no newcomer to the baking scene. She was the school cook in Brady for many years.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities