Hild wins apple pie contest
Each of the six pies entered into the first Brady Days apple pie baking contest was notably different.
From the dutch apple presented by sisters Harley and Preslee Bartels to the traditional pies baked by seasoned cooks, they all offered something a little different.
The panel of four judges—George Finnell, Maurine Callahan, Tommy Palmer and Keith White—considered presentation, crust, texture, flavor and overall taste for each of the unmarked pies before they declared pie No. 4 the winner.
Kathy Hild is no newcomer to the baking scene. She was the school cook in Brady for many years.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout