Relay For Life at the races
Successful PARTNERS: The partnership of Dawson County Raceway and the Garden of Hope Relay For Life team is “Winning the Race Against Cancer” in 2012 with a grand total of $864.11 raised during a night at the Father’s Day race in Lexington. Raceway manager Allen Wissmann joined the Relay team recently to present a bonus donation from the evening’s fund-raising activities. Pictured are, l-r: Standing—Wissmann; team members Pam Ackerman, Kevin Keithley, Bea King, Ron King, Christina Wagener, Verla Montey, team captain Dallas Zimbelman, Johnathon Wood, Alice Wenburg and Deloris White; Front—Hailey Wagener and Garret Wood. This year’s theme for the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Dawson County is “Game On! Together, we will BEAT cancer!.” The Relay will be Friday-Saturday, July 27-28, at Haymaker Stadium in Cozad. The public is invited to attend.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested