Brady blood drive is Friday
Brady residents can help reverse a trend of low donations during the summer to the American Red Cross blood supply.
The Brady Blood Drive is set for 1:30-6:30 p.m. Friday, July 13, at the Brady Community Center. As usual, blood is in short supply.
Almost everyone during their life will know someone who needs a blood transfusion. They may be car accidnet or trauma victims, cancer or transplant patients, or people with sickle cell disease or other blood disorders.
There is no substitute and still only one source of blood for transfusion—from volunteer blood donors.
Donors are asked to get plenty of sleep the night before the blood drive. Eat a healthy breakfast or lunch, and drink a few extra glasses of water in the days before you donate. “Start the day with a good drink of water or orange juice,” suggested Marilyn Bratten, local blood drive coordinator. “As usual, you will be served a good lunch.”
For more information or to make an apointment contact Bratten at 584-3257. Walk-ins are always welcome.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics