Brady blood drive is Friday
Brady residents can help reverse a trend of low donations during the summer to the American Red Cross blood supply.
The Brady Blood Drive is set for 1:30-6:30 p.m. Friday, July 13, at the Brady Community Center. As usual, blood is in short supply.
Almost everyone during their life will know someone who needs a blood transfusion. They may be car accidnet or trauma victims, cancer or transplant patients, or people with sickle cell disease or other blood disorders.
There is no substitute and still only one source of blood for transfusion—from volunteer blood donors.
Donors are asked to get plenty of sleep the night before the blood drive. Eat a healthy breakfast or lunch, and drink a few extra glasses of water in the days before you donate. “Start the day with a good drink of water or orange juice,” suggested Marilyn Bratten, local blood drive coordinator. “As usual, you will be served a good lunch.”
For more information or to make an apointment contact Bratten at 584-3257. Walk-ins are always welcome.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST