Brady STUCO collecting food for fall pantry drive
The Brady High School Student Council is hosting a food drive to help fill the shelves of the community food pantry before the holidays.
Pantry items are being collected by each grade in the school.
STUCO sponsor Jeanene Lusk said the class which collects the most items will get to ride from school to Gothenburg in a limousine to have ice cream treats.
Non-perishable food items, toiletry products, cleaning supplies and paper goods are needed by the food pantry as well as monetary donations.
Each November, pantry volunteers deliver food baskets to needy families in Brady. The baskets include all the food items for a traditional Thanksgiving meal as well as other staples.
Everyone in the community is encouraged to help by donating. Items collected from residents outside the school will be split evenly among the classes.
Students will deliver the entire collection to the Community Center on Nov. 17.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested