Park shelter painters
Community mission project
Several youths and adults, from the First Presbyterian Church and other churches, carried out a Gothenburg Community Mission project last Thursday through Saturday. The group camped in Lafayette Park, and on Friday and Saturday, donated time and materials doing projects for the community and residents throughout town. They repainted park shelters at Lake Helen, cleaned gutters, scraped and repainted window trim, power washed and re-stained decks, painted steps and Sunday School rooms, moved bricks, edged around sidewalks and washed windows. Organizer Luke Rickertsen said they plan to continue the mission project in another two years and hope to get more people in the community involved. Pictured painting are, l-r: Josh Clark, Ryan Healey, Tate Bartlett and Jacob Franzen.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly