Sheriff: Eustis man died from drowning in canal
The pathologist who performed an autopsy on a former Gothenburg man has said that Daniel Gunlock died of suicide by drowning, according to Gosper County Sheriff Dennis Ocken.
However Ocken said he’s not comfortable with making that determination until he receives a toxicology report.
A toxicology report could reveal that some kind of drug was in Gunlock’s system which made it difficult for him to function, he said.
Ocken added that there are indications that the death was by suicide.
The body of 52-year-old Gunlock, of Eustis, was recovered from a Central Nebraska Public Power & Irrigation District canal near the Elwood Reservoir on May 19.
Gunlock was reported missing on May 13. His car was discovered in a field in northwest Gosper County on May 14.
Ocken said the canal was about a mile from Gunlock’s car.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar