Brady lineman selected for 8-man all-star game
Brady senior Ryan Porter, who played both offensive and defensive line for the Eagles in their 6-3 season last fall, has been selected to the West squad during the 35th annual Sertoma 8-Man All-Star Game.
Porter averaged 10 tackles per game for the Eagles and had at least one sack per game as a senior.
He also blocked two punts and two field goal attempts.
Porter has committed to playing football for the Wayne State College Wildcats next fall.
The Sertoma all-star game is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 16, at the Hastings College football complex.
Bob McEvoy of Humphrey will lead the East squad with Cletus Corman of Deshler, Mitchell Shepherd of Pawnee City and Cory Groenke of Humphrey as assistants.
Andy Schwarz of South Loup will head the West squad with Brady graduate Brent Streeter of Bertrand, Jeff Shabram of Clearwater/Orchard and Abe Hinman of South Loup as assistants.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater