Delegates chosen for Boys, Girls State
The Brady Lions Club has selected Kaleb Arterburn and Siera Quadhamer to represent Brady at the 2012 Cornhusker Boys and Girls State in Lincoln June 3-9.
Quadhamer participates in speech while Arterburn is involved in speech, FCCLA, one-act play, football, basketball and track.
These students will each join nearly 400 other high school juniors from across Nebraska participating in the American Legion Cornhusker Girls and Boys State at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Since Brady no longer has an American Legion post, the Lions Club sponsors the students.
The annual citizenship program, sponsored by the Nebraska Amercian Legion, is designed to provide youths with a better understanding of how city, county and state governments operate.
Cornhusker Boys and Girls State is set up as functional “51st state” and each student learns how government subdivisions operate by actually doing the job.
Participants campaign for offices, hold elections, take part in band and chorus, compete in athletics, and are involved in other various activities.
Special lectures and addresses will be delivered by experienced public officials and professional leaders.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics