Daffodil Days paints it yellow
Spring bloomed early in Dawson County this year as we painted our community yellow with daffodils. The overwhelming support from our residents, businesses and other groups showed to support the American Cancer Society’s Daffodil Days® was incredible. My heartfelt appreciation goes out to everyone who participated in this important campaign to raise money to fight cancer and provide hope to all people facing the disease.
It is heartwarming to know that so many of our fellow residents are dedicated to the society’s efforts to prevent cancer, save lives, and diminish suffering from the disease. We appreciate the volunteer drivers, onsite coordinators, and daffodil processors, as well as to everyone who supported this year’s Daffodil Days by purchasing flowers for their homes and/or offices or donating flowers to area hospitals and health care facilities. I must add special appreciation to the corporate sponsors who support Daffodil Days each year.
This year, we raised $11,180 to support the American Cancer Society’s research, education, advocacy and patient service programs.
Together, Dawson County is making a difference in the fight against cancer.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC