Autographed B.B. King guitar brings $8,000
Digital project drive close to goal.
A Dawson County resident is now the proud owner of a guitar owned and autographed by famous blues singer B.B. King.
The resident’s bid of $8,000 was added to another $17,000 raised at a silent auction event last Thursday night in Gothenburg, according to Matt Weiss, co-manager of the Sun Theatre. The successful bidder wished to remain anonymous.
Weiss said the infusion of $25,000 brings fund-raising efforts, for a new digital projector and other theatre improvements, to almost $150,000.
“We’re extremely happy with the pledges,” he said.
Weiss said a digital projector is needed, especially since theatre officials must now get 35-millimeter movies from the East or West coasts.
Arrival time for the reel-to-reel movies is unreliable, he said, noting that the free matinee for kids Saturday at the Sun Theatre started late because the movie—Kung Fu Panda—arrived about 20 minutes before showtime.
Weiss said they have to transfer movies onto theatre reels before they are shown.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action