Autographed B.B. King guitar brings $8,000
Digital project drive close to goal.
A Dawson County resident is now the proud owner of a guitar owned and autographed by famous blues singer B.B. King.
The resident’s bid of $8,000 was added to another $17,000 raised at a silent auction event last Thursday night in Gothenburg, according to Matt Weiss, co-manager of the Sun Theatre. The successful bidder wished to remain anonymous.
Weiss said the infusion of $25,000 brings fund-raising efforts, for a new digital projector and other theatre improvements, to almost $150,000.
“We’re extremely happy with the pledges,” he said.
Weiss said a digital projector is needed, especially since theatre officials must now get 35-millimeter movies from the East or West coasts.
Arrival time for the reel-to-reel movies is unreliable, he said, noting that the free matinee for kids Saturday at the Sun Theatre started late because the movie—Kung Fu Panda—arrived about 20 minutes before showtime.
Weiss said they have to transfer movies onto theatre reels before they are shown.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates