Better band chairs
ENHANCED PLAYING: Gothenburg Public School students now have 50 specially designed band chairs that band teacher Tom Belanger said enhances playing. The chairs were bought, he said, to give instrumental students appropriate equipment for rehearsals and concerts. “The old chairs could be equated with football players wearing leather helmets,” he said. Belanger said the chairs are designed so students must sit up yet are comfortable. Pictured are sixth graders Alex Jorgenson (left) and Chad Schmiett.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action