FFA youth place in range judging
Identifying plants, checking the pH balance of various soils and evaluating pieces of land were all in a day’s work for local FFA’ers.
Several members of Gothenburg’s chapter competed in state range judging on Oct. 4 in Sidney.
A team, comprised of Hailey Maline, Amanda Kowalewski, Ashley Eskew and Jordan Lauer placed 28th.
A team competing in the senior division also qualified for, but did not place, at state.
Those youths were Bailey Gibbens, Preston Franzen, Shay Wear and Jordan Ivey.
Competing in the junior division, at districts in Tryon on Sept. 29, were Mason Ackerman, Bailey Aden, Joslyn Baker, Konner Barnes, Bailey Baxter, Alex Blauvelt, Tanner Borchardt, Jacob Clark, Ashley Eskew, Makayla Franzen, Archer Jensen, Amanda Kowalewski, Jordan Lauer, Kyann LeViner, Hailey Maline, Jake Peterson, Justin Sabin, Shaylee Scott, Dalton Sylvan and Levi Tripp.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog