New arboretum at fairgrounds
STENBERG HONORED: An arboretum recognizing retired Dawson County Extension educator Dave Stenberg was recently dedicated at the Dawson County Fairgrounds in Lexington. Stenberg described the Stenberg Arboretum as a living laboratory of plant material that grows well in the area. Stenberg was the driving force behind development of the landscape project funded with grants from the Statewide Arboretum. Many people have visited the fairgrounds to decide which trees to grow in their backyards or attended tree care workshops to learn more about planting and pruning and how to prevent insect pests and disease problems.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.