Walking in the rain A wish to be heard
Singer/songwriter David Parrish is walking 2,000 miles, from Spokane, WA, to Nashville, TN, where he hopes to give money he’s raised to the Wishing Star Foundation. Parrish and his support team spent the night in a camper at the Lafayette Park campground on Sept. 14. Thursday morning found him walking along Highway 30 to Lexington in cold rain as temperatures hovered around 42 degrees. Parrish is donating a dollar for every mile he walks and hopes to raise $30,000 for the foundation which helps make wishes come true for children with life-threatening illnesses. Donations can be made by visiting www.wishingstar.org. Updates about Parrish’s journey can be found at www.facebook.com/walkonfaith2000.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action