Jeffrey Lake to be lowered for maintenance projects
The Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District is planning to lower Jeffrey Reservoir for maintenance projects this fall.
Central will begin lowering the lake near Brady on Mon. The lake level will drop four to five feet below normal operating levels. Once the lake is drawn down, it will remain at the lower level for about three weeks.
Water levels will return to normal shortly after the maintenance projects are completed.
If, during this period, cabin owners wish to perform maintenance and/or repairs on docks or wave walls, they are reminded to contact Central to ensure that they have the necessary permits.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities