Jeffrey Lake to be lowered for maintenance projects
The Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District is planning to lower Jeffrey Reservoir for maintenance projects this fall.
Central will begin lowering the lake near Brady on Mon. The lake level will drop four to five feet below normal operating levels. Once the lake is drawn down, it will remain at the lower level for about three weeks.
Water levels will return to normal shortly after the maintenance projects are completed.
If, during this period, cabin owners wish to perform maintenance and/or repairs on docks or wave walls, they are reminded to contact Central to ensure that they have the necessary permits.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30