Riders exchange mail: Pony Express re-ride Friday
Riders involved in this year’s re-ride of the Pony Express exchanged mail Friday morning at the Midway Station south of Gothenburg. Normally ridden in June, the event was delayed this year because of an outbreak of an equine herpes virus in the western states in May.
Right, Cassidy Mullen of Gothenburg signs the mochila, which is draped over the saddle and has pockets that carry the mail. Cassidy carried the mail with her mother, Alisa Mullen, into the station. Below, Troy Linn of Overton gallops on the first leg of the journey to Brady.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC