TRAIN DERAILS: For a Union Pacific Railroad conductor from Gothenburg, this trip near Lake McConaughy got too bumpy. An east bound coal train going from Wyoming to Illinois experienced a 37-car derailment at 7:20 a.m. MT on Sunday, according to Mark Davis, UP public information officer. While there were no injuries, conductor Lynn Taylor of Gothenburg was taken to a hospital at Ogallala for observation, a family member said. Crews worked throughout the day to clear the cars and begin replacing track that was damaged as a result of the derailment. A total of 800 feet of track had to be replaced that was damaged as the result of the derailment. The cause of the derailment is under investigation.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins