Rotary tourney raises $4,000 for projects
The Gothenburg Rotary Club hosted its largest youth baseball tournament ever Saturday at the city’s four-plex.
A total of 17 teams compete in three age groups. The teams placing included:10 and under—1. Lexington, 2. Cozad.
11 and under—1. Broken Bow, 2 Gothenburg
12 and under—1. Holdrege, 2. Gothenburg
Other towns represented include Holdrege, Sidney, Imperial and Minden.
Over $4,000 was raised to support Rotary projects such as scholarships, dictionaries for elementary students, leadership camps, Christmas food baskets, Polio Plus campaign to eradicate polio worldwide and various international projects such as water wells in Haiti.
To view and order team photos taken at the tournament, click on "Photos" in the menu bar.
- Avenue I to get more sidewalk
- Wellness Center decision after budget workshop
- Airport Authority wants board member removed
- Eagle football looks to repeat last year’s success
- Rural Poll finds insights on rural Nebraskans’ activism
- Soybean farmers observe, evaluate work of checkoff
- District 20 enrollment creeps up
- Coaches remain confident after 15-4 loss to McCook