Rotary tourney raises $4,000 for projects
The Gothenburg Rotary Club hosted its largest youth baseball tournament ever Saturday at the city’s four-plex.
A total of 17 teams compete in three age groups. The teams placing included:10 and under—1. Lexington, 2. Cozad.
11 and under—1. Broken Bow, 2 Gothenburg
12 and under—1. Holdrege, 2. Gothenburg
Other towns represented include Holdrege, Sidney, Imperial and Minden.
Over $4,000 was raised to support Rotary projects such as scholarships, dictionaries for elementary students, leadership camps, Christmas food baskets, Polio Plus campaign to eradicate polio worldwide and various international projects such as water wells in Haiti.
To view and order team photos taken at the tournament, click on "Photos" in the menu bar.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates