Gothenburg swimmers make splash at home meet
The Gothenburg Swim Team used numbers and talent to take first in the team competition during the third week of Plains tSunami Swim League races.
Saturday’s meet gave Gothenburg an opportunity to swim at home in the Gothenburg pool.
Local swimmers competed against three other teams in the central division of the Plains tSunami Swim League.
With 22 first-place individual and relay finishes, the Gothenburg team earned 492 points.
Minden was second as a team with 463 while Lexington scored 318 points and Elwood finished with 152.
Roman Schmidt, who swims in the 13 & 14 boys division, earned four individual first-place finishes to lead Gothenburg.
Five other individuals had three firsts each. They were Madeline Jorgenson, Gracie Stienike, Keely Lecher, Anne Burkholder and Ryan O’Hare.
Some of the swimmers completed exhibition races for times and not for places. Those races are noted with EX.
The Gothenburg Swim Team will compete Saturday at McCook. Other league teams involved include Indianola, Cambridge, Perkins County and Hitchcock County.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities