Authority interviews prospective airport staff
Airport Authority chair Craig Bartruff hopes the board can decide and make an offer to a manager and fixed-based operator for the airport by July 5.
A fixed-based operator is a primary provider of support services to general aviation operators at public-use airports.
The authority will meet again on July 5.
At their last meeting—on June 21—Bartruff said members interviewed applicants who want to manage and/or operate the airport.
No decisions were made.
Bartruff said the authority is trying to promote and improve the airport.
Following an advertised request for proposals for a fixed-based operator and applications for an airport manager, the board met June 7 to review what was received.
Bartruff said five applications were submitted for airport manager and one for a fixed-base operator.
Mid-States Aviation of Cozad has been the fixed-based operator for 15 years and has employed Roger Donner at the airport as manager.
Mid-States has a crop-spraying business and offers fuel service at the airport.
Bartruff said Mid-States’ contract expires the end of June.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities