Accident causes outage
Restoration: A Monday accident caused a 4-hour power outage at McDonald’s Restaurant and at businesses and industries south to the interstate and along the Fourth Street industrial tract. A Pontiac Grand Prix, southbound on Highway 47, left the roadway and struck a street light and power pole about 4:30 a.m. Police chief Randy Olson said who was driving is unknown. Rescue personnel took Jack Dudley and Alex McClement, both 18, to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital where they were treated for non-life threatening injuries. Electrical foreman Mike Libich said a transmission pole was replaced and electricity restored around 9 a.m. Damage to the power pole and wiring was estimated at $5,000. The car, registered to Gothenburg Animal Hospital, was totalled, he said.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly