Document cameras utilized
District 20 has 16 document cameras, also known as visual presenters, that display objects or information to students.
Technology coordinator Jo Wiggins described them as high-resolution document cameras mounted on arms which allow a teacher to write on a sheet of paper or display a two- or three-dimensional object on a whiteboard.
“This tool engages students with a variety of learning styles and abilities,” Wiggins said.
Dudley Elementary second-grade teacher Wendy Bartels said she likes her document camera and uses the equipment often.
RELATED STORY: Technology evolves at District 20
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action