Planters at work: Jeff Kennedy (right) and his Kennedy Landscape Services crew finished planting the last of 45 trees on June 8 along Highway 47 from the I-80 interchange to 10th Street. Planting the trees to enhance the entrance into town is part of the city’s comprehensive plan. The city will pay Kennedy Landscape $17,240 for the trees and labor with help from a $10,599 grant from a Nebraska Arboretum Trees for Nebraska Towns Initiative. The city matched the grant and will water and maintain the trees. Others pictured are Andrew Kennedy (left) and Justin Morrison of Cozad.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship