Planters at work: Jeff Kennedy (right) and his Kennedy Landscape Services crew finished planting the last of 45 trees on June 8 along Highway 47 from the I-80 interchange to 10th Street. Planting the trees to enhance the entrance into town is part of the city’s comprehensive plan. The city will pay Kennedy Landscape $17,240 for the trees and labor with help from a $10,599 grant from a Nebraska Arboretum Trees for Nebraska Towns Initiative. The city matched the grant and will water and maintain the trees. Others pictured are Andrew Kennedy (left) and Justin Morrison of Cozad.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action