Gothenburg clips NP JVs in twin bill
Gothenburg needed some competition when Chase County dropped its softball program this season eliminating home-and-away contests with the Swedes.
The North Platte junior varsity answered the call for one of the days and lost a pair of games to the Swedes, 7-2 and 9-1.
“Offensively, it seemed like both were ho-hum games and we knew we were playing their JVs,” Swede coach Roger Neujahr said.
Since the contests did not match two varsity squads, the outcome does not count toward Gothenburg’s official record with the Nebraska School Activities Association.
Shelby Eggleston had two singles and two runs batted in to lead Gothenburg in the first game. Amanda Barkmeier earned the win goinvg five innings on the mound.
Karen Franzen and Vanessa Linegar each had a couple of singles in the nightcap. Jordyn Haake went the distance for the win.
- Lake water diversion aids both flood relief and long-term water goals
- Swedes’ book about Gothenburg to be released in August
- Same song, 11th verse for Blue Heron Campground
- Six Swede boys make it to state
- PinPoint fiber problem solved
- Graduation shirt is now 75 years old
- Top-ranked academic students speak at GHS graduation
- Trip to Henry Doorly zoo