Swede golfers eighth at Ogallala
OGALLALA—Ideal golf weather has been difficult for the Swedes to find this spring.
Cloudy, windy conditions hampered several golfers at the final meet of the regular season at West Wind Golf Course at Ogallala on Thursday.
Swede junior Jackson Graham did manage to break into the top 10 carding 42 on the first nine holes and 40 on the second for a fifth-place 18-hole total of 82.
Gothenburg finished eighth as a team with a 368 total.
Scottsbluff took the team title scoring 333 with one golfer in the top 10. McCook was runner-up at 338 with Kimball third carding 343.
Jeff Greenwood of Kimball was the meet medalist shooting 76.
The Swedes traveled to Gering for the B-4 district meet on Tuesday. Results were not available at press time.
The Class B boys state golf meet tees off at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 24 at the Kearney Country Club. Play continues Wedensday on the same course.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet