Golfers get fifth at Cozad
COZAD—A couple strokes here and a couple strokes there and Gothenburg’s golfers might have been one of the top two teams at the Cozad invite on Monday.
As it was though, the Swedes finished in the middle of the pack in fifth with a 346 team score.
“Holdrege would have been hard to beat,” said Swede coach Don Graham of the team champs who shot 330. “But if we could make up eight or nine strokes we’d be right there in second.”
Two golfers placed for the Swedes. Jeramie VanAcker was fourth shooting 80 and Jackson Graham came in ninth with 83.
“I’m thankful we’re putting things together at the right time,” the coach said.
Tanner Johnson of Broken Bow was the meet medalist carding 73.
- Brady bounces Paxton, Twin Loup
- Brady school board working through superintendent search
- Generous donations push Shares fund closer to the top
- Reeves named to OWH All-Nebraska first team
- County board agrees to remodeling bids
- Swede girls get confidence and a win at Grant
- Win over Scotus caps 5-5 effort at Nebraska Duals
- GHS Sports Schedule 2014-2015