Golfers get fifth at Cozad
COZAD—A couple strokes here and a couple strokes there and Gothenburg’s golfers might have been one of the top two teams at the Cozad invite on Monday.
As it was though, the Swedes finished in the middle of the pack in fifth with a 346 team score.
“Holdrege would have been hard to beat,” said Swede coach Don Graham of the team champs who shot 330. “But if we could make up eight or nine strokes we’d be right there in second.”
Two golfers placed for the Swedes. Jeramie VanAcker was fourth shooting 80 and Jackson Graham came in ninth with 83.
“I’m thankful we’re putting things together at the right time,” the coach said.
Tanner Johnson of Broken Bow was the meet medalist carding 73.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30