Golfers finish third at Southwest Conference meet
VALENTINE—Gothenburg junior Jackson Graham shot a 91 on a challenging Pines course at The Prairie Club near Valentine to lead the Swede golf team to a third-place finish in the Southwest Conference tournament on Thursday.
Gothenburg finished with a team score of 388, one stroke behind runner-up Minden with 387.
“I think everyone could have found one shot that they could have done better but the kids still did pretty well,” said Swede coach Don Graham.
Broken Bow took the team title with a combined 363 on the 18-hole course.
Jackson Graham’s 91 placed him fourth among all golfers.
Jeramie VanAcker and Matt Marshall each finished with 97 to earn 12th and 14th place, respectively.
“It was a tough course,” Graham said. “It took us six-plus hours to finish. That’s too difficult for a SWC tournament.”
Meet medalist was Tanner Johnson of Broken Bow who shot 79.
Gothenburg has one regular-season meet remaining at Ogallala on Thursday before the B-4 district at Monument Shadows Golf Course in Gering on Tuesday.
The top three teams and the top 10 individuals qualify for the state championship meet May 24-25 at the Kearney Country Club.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST