Bids to be opened for school expansion
Building specs approved.
As cafeteria expansion and Community Building remodeling plans become more specific, school officials are reaching goals.
At their meeting Monday night, school board members learned that at least 10 minutes have been added to student time in the cafeteria. Officials said a goal is to start lunchtime at 11:30 a.m. instead of 10:50 a.m.
Allowing students more time to eat closer to noon has been a concern of the board, parents and school officials.
After looking at floor plans, the board unanimously approved bid specifications. Bids will be opened and reviewed in the district office April 28. On May 2, the board will have a special meeting to accept a bid for the project.
Included in the specifications is renovation of approximately 12,000 square feet of the food service kitchen, cafeteria, concession and rest room facilities.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout