Without full squad, girls finish fourth
OGALLALA—Spring is a busy time for high school students.
That means sometimes they have to choose between one extra-curricular activity and another.
The Gothenburg girls did not field a full squad at the Ogallala Invite on Saturday because some participants were involved in other activities.
“It just shows the caliber of kids we have at our school when they are involved in so many things,” said coach Steve Reeves. “Even though we weren’t at full strength, we competed well.”
The Swedes were fourth in the team race with 82 points including three gold medals. Sidney won the meet with 114 points followed by Cozad at 111.
Top finishers for the Swedes were seniors Abby Ambler in the long jump, Joslyn Oliver in the high jump and Ali Clark in the pole vault.
“The girls competed hard,” Reeves said. “We scored points in a lot of areas and we are hopefully going to continue to improve.”
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC