GVFD reflects on past year
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department held its annual banquet March 19 at Wild Horse Golf Course.
A tally of calls answered in 2010 was read by president Rob Ostergard. There were 278 ambulance and transfer calls, and 66 total fire calls.
Awards for years of service were presented, and seven members received certificates in recognition for a combined total of 145 years of dedicated service to the department.
Three new members joined the department in 2010. They are Tyrel Rite, Chris Horn and Trevor Anderson. Also of note, of the 44 members of the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department, 22 are current EMTs.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested