Edward Jones advisor helps realize dreams
Matt Olsen likes to put people at ease, let them know that despite wearing a suit and tie to work every day, he’s just a regular guy who wants to help make dreams come true.
Olsen is the newest financial advisor in the Gothenburg Edward Jones office.
He’s been in Gothenburg since November and said he spent a few of the coldest winter days on foot, traveling door to door to meet local folks.
“There’s no better way to get to know people than where they’re most comfortable, on their own front doorstep,” he said.
And Olsen was pleasantly surprised at how genuine, inviting and accepting Gothenburg residents have been.
“The quality of people here surprised me,” he said. “They’ve been so inviting and that’s made it much easier to integrate into a new community.”
Olsen and his wife, Amber, both grew up in small towns, Olsen in Oklahoma and Amber in Nebraska. They joined the Evangelical Free Church and become involved in other Gothenburg organizations right away, hoping to make a good fit.
“We really enjoy this community,” he said.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics