GHS gears up to host SWC music, art students
GHS to host SWC honors art,music.
Gothenburg High School will host this year’s Southwest Conference Honors Fine Art Festival.
Teachers and students from six SWC schools will arrive in Gothenburg Friday. SWC schools include Gothenburg, Ainsworth, Broken Bow, Cozad, Minden, Ogallala and Valentine.
Organizers of the 2011 festival are GHS teachers. They include Ernie Blecha, choir; Tom Belanger, band; and Travis Coe, art.
Each SWC school may nominate up to 12 art students, 15 band students and 24 choir students for the honors festival.
On Friday, students will have a mural contest and a mixer activity for art students and full ensemble and sectional rehearsals for band and choir students.
Saturday’s agenda includes additional rehearsals for instrumentalists and vocalists and workshops for art students.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.