Swedes put four in winner’s circle at new NP speech meet
The Swede speech team continued its winning ways by taking the top spot in four of nine events at the “Best of the West” meet in North Platte Saturday.
Each Swede team member broke into finals and came home with a medal at the varsity-only meet which was a new one hosted by the Bulldogs.
Ashlee Bruntz was a double winner in both entertainment and humorous prose.
Teammate Maddy Costello placed first in informative speaking while Chris Block and Jeramie VanAcker teamed up for top honors in duet acting.
Speech team adviser Dan Jensen said he was pleased with how the team performed.
“This is a tough time of year for keeping the intensity up and the momentum going but these students did it once again,” Jensen said.
The contest was smaller in size with 21 schools in attendance, he noted, but the teams were comprised of district competitors for the most part.
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.