Village board hires utilities superintendent
The Brady village board will have more shuffling to do after another member resigned to accept employment by the village.
Justin Mann, who was appointed to fill a vacancy on the board in March 2010, was hired during a special trustees meeting on Thursday as the village utilities superintendent.
His replacement on the board will likely be appointed during the regular board meeting on March 9.
After a closed session to discuss the two applicants for the position vacated by Keith Wagnitz in January, trustees voted to hire Mann for the full-time job at a pay rate of $15 per hour.
Mann’s wage may be negotiated after he completes the required water licensing.
During the special meeting, trustees also appointed Todd Roe to fill a vacancy on the board left by Troy Viter’s resignation in January.
Bob Fattig had been appointed to the post during the February board meeting but he declined the position.
Roe was sworn in and will fill the remaining two years of Viter’s term.
The board of trustees approved the village’s one- and six-year road plan as well following a brief public hearing during which no one spoke.
The plan is unchanged from the previous two years and includes no new projects.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater