Students celebrate FFA week
The FFA chapter at Gothenburg High School recognized and did several activities in honor of National FFA week, Feb. 19-26.
Members submitted several environmentally-conscious projects to the state from the year which included collecting pop tops grades K-12 to send to Ronald McDonald House in Omaha, planting trees and flowers at E.G. West Park and the school, hosting a “green” poster-coloring and trivia contests, decorating grocery bags with “green” tips and making “green” pledges.
On Friday, FFA’ers treated supportive community members to a pork lunch at the school.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500