Spiegel earns 100th win as a junior
Gothenburg junior Mitch Spiegel joins an elite group of Swede wrestlers after winning his 100th career match at Hastings on Saturday.
Spiegel earned two pins and a forfeit in the 103-pound weight class before pinning his Hastings opponent in his final match of the day for his 100th victory.
“Mitch only has five losses on the year,” said coach Eric Manstedt. “That’s an extremely good record and Mitch has some high goals set for himself.”
Since he’s only a junior, Spiegel has the potential to finish his career with 150 wins.
First, though, Manstedt said Spiegel has his eye on a state medal. He finished sixth in Class B last year.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates