SWC basketball tourney begins Monday
Brackets are set for the 2011 Southwest Conference basketball tournament which begins with girls action on Monday.
The Minden Whippets have earned the top seed in both the girls and boys divisions.
They will have a bye the first round Monday and Tuesday and will host winners on Thursday and Friday.
Minden’s girls are 13-0 and the Whippet boys are 11-1.
First-round games on the girls side have Ogallala traveling to Gothenburg, Ainsworth playing at Broken Bow and Cozad at Valentine all Monday.
The winner of the Gothenburg-Ogallala game will play at Minden at 6 p.m. Jan. 27.
Winners of the other two first-round games will square off at the top seed school, also on Jan. 27.
Both the girls championship and consolation games will be played at North Platte High School on Saturday, Jan. 29.
Losers of the semi-finals games will play for third place at 1 p.m. with the championship set for 4:30 p.m.
Boys first-round action begins on Tuesday. The Swedes will travel to Ogallala for a 6 p.m. MT game while
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500