Three wrestlers ranked among Class B’s best
Three Swede wrestlers received Top 10 state ranking in the Omaha World-Herald’s Class B team and individual ratings released last week.
At 103 pounds, junior Mitch Spiegel is ranked No. 5 in the weight class. Spiegel is 21-2 on the season and is looking for his third trip to the state meet.
Fellow state qualifier Tanner Schwanz is ranked third in the 130-pound weight class.
Schwanz’s record so far this year is 20-5. He is working toward a fourth straight trip to state.
The No. 1-ranked Class B wrestler at 130 pounds is Jesse Brown of Plattsmouth. Ranked first in the 103-pound class is Daniel Dominguez of O’Neill.
In the heavyweight class, junior Dane Ehlers is rated No. 5. He is 14-8 on the year and hopes to make a return trip to state.
First in the class at 285 pounds is Garrett Johns of Aurora.
The Swedes will compete at the 42nd annual High Plains Invite at Clarks on Friday and Saturday.
The 17-team tournament begins at 10:30 a.m. with four pools on Friday. All weight classes will wrestle in eight-man brackets beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday with finals at approximately 3:30 p.m.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price