Magic on Main Street
SANTA’S LAP: The Anderson sisters have different reactions to meeting Santa Thursday night during the Gothenburg Chamber-of-Commerce sponsored Magic on Main Street event. The evening began with a jingle bell parade on a flat-bed trailer to the northeast intersection of Highway 30 and Lake Avenue where Santa lit a decorated Christmas tree.
Kids then traveled downtown for a visit with Santa, more trailer rides and rides on a fire truck. Downtown businesses opened their doors for holiday shoppers. Pictured with Santa are, l-r: Jenna Anderson, 1; Lyndsay Anderson, 2; and Marcy Slack at Gothenburg State Bank.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog